There are only a few dozen prestigious, reputable competitions—but which screenplay from the winners of all of these quality competitions is the best of the best?
In 2017, Contest of Contest Winners (CCW) continues its partnership with two of the most successful film festivals of the last 10 years: the Sunscreen Film Festivals of Florida and Los Angeles—both supported by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
Because of this partnership, our contest finalists and winners will meet with literary agents and producers, as well as successful filmmakers in a special closed party at the festival.
Finalists will be announced September 15, 2017. Trophies for Winners and other Finalists will be presented at the Sunscreen Film Festival South Bay September 29-October 1, 2017 in Los Angeles.
With a decade of excellent industry response, a good showing in CCW proves your script stands out among the toughest competition. The industry-wide PUBLICITY BLAST for our Finalists’ screenplays often results in representation and/or script requests. Previous winners received more than 40 requests for their script or one-page take. Find our winners here:
As in previous years, every entrant receives TWO Evaluations from our working professional Judges. This feedback (score sheet and coverage-style evaluation) is valued at more than $300, well worth your entry fee.
Entrants qualify by having won or placed in a screenwriting competition during the past five years. Additionally, quarter-finalist, semi-finalist, and finalists in select screenplay competitions such as the Academy sponsored Nicholl Fellowships, Page, Austin, Screencraft, and Stage 32 contests are also eligible to enter. For a list of currently approved contests, refer to our Updated List of Qualifying Contests.
All Entrants receive:
• Two Industry Professional script evaluations on their entry (coverage and score sheet) valued at more than $300. Testimonials from our entrants on these speak for themselves.
Ten Finalists receive:
• Presentation in Trophies Ceremony at Sunscreen Film Festival West
• VIP Passes to Sunscreen Film Festival West, which includes:
– access to all Films, Parties, Workshops, and Celebrity Events
– access to all workshops and panels by top Hollywood actors, producers,
screenwriters and filmmakers
– discount lodging
• Publicity for writer, script title, and log line to Agents, Prodcos, Managers, and Industry News
• Continued promotion on ScriptDoctor.com
• Group membership with other Contest Finalists for networking and news
First Place and Second Place Winners receive:
• Story Notes from ScriptDoctor.com (rated No. 1 in national survey) valued at $1500
• InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you.
• InkTip Magazine: Publication of your logline in InkTip’s magazine sent to nearly 15000 producers and reps.
• All Finalist prizes listed above like the Presentation in Trophies Ceremony
• A 30 minute Consult with an Industry agent or producing company plus Bragging rights!
Deadlines & Fees:
Early – June 20, 2017; entrance fee $75
Late – July 20, 2017; entrance fee $80
Extended – July 30, 2017; entrance fee $85
Discounts: fill in code in box on Entry Form
By submitting Entry Form, Release, and Screenplay, you are acknowledge that you have read the COMPLETE RULES of the contest.
Unlike most contests, CCW judges are working professionals, including ScriptDoctor Howard Allen, Chris Haughom, Victoria Lucas and others.
Howard Allen’s ScriptDoctor was rated No. 1 in a national survey of script consultants.
Chris Haughom has been in the film business for over 30 years, starting out as the Executive Assistant to the President of Filmways Pictures, reading and recommending scripts for pick-up and distribution, making the rounds at the Cannes Film Festival, and then moving on to foreign film distribution with Bobby Meyers, who was also a co-founder and first president of The American Film Market
Victoria Lucas brings 20 years of experience as a development and production executive at both major studios and independent film companies. Like the others, she is also a highly sought-after consultant.
Ruth Johnson is a working screenwriter with scripts in development and a past winner of this contest. Living in Los Angeles, she has a network of industry contacts and belongs to successful writer’s groups.
Lesley Cessna-Kontowicz graduated New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts Cinema Studies program and served as script-supervisor on the 1993 Oscar-nominated film The Lady in Waiting. When she’s not writing scripts, she works as a script supervisor, script analyst, Contest of Contest Winners manager and judge, Prescott Film Festival judge, freelance content provider, editor, proof-reader, and marketer.
If you would like more information about this contest, please email Contest@ScriptDoctor.com